Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weird Fruit Haul

FREE? I'm there.
They had Pummelos, kiwiberries, pomegranates, uglifruits, cherimoyas, blood oranges, kumquats, and fruit punch.
I'm not sure I was supposed to take armfuls of fruit but I went bonkers.
boo yah!

Cherimoya. None of them were ripe yet, so we've got to wait a couple of days

Pummelos! So crunchy! It was hilarious carrying them out of the room because they're so huge, but I am the broke starving student (or at least I play the part well) so the staff left me alone. lol

Kumquats. I ate so many of them that my lips went numb. Pretty acidic, I eat the whole thing. The bitter center doesn't bother me, or the seeds ;P

This is what I had seen at the supermarket for $4. I was curious but not willing to spend that kind of money, so this event was perfect! I got to try them

The most delightful part about the kiwi berry is the blush color. You can eat them whole, but trust me - go for a regular kiwi. The regular ones are cheaper and sweeter. Don't be taken in by the novelty of kiwi BERRY. It's just a small hairless kiwi

When I dumped round 2 of fruit in the car I seriously considered changing my shirt and putting on a hat to go back in and get more fruit. In the end, I decided to leave fruit for the staff who probably weren't allowed to grab until the students had their fill. My school Rocks!!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

xD LMAO! there is no shame in free food, especially when its fruit. i LOVE cherimoyas! they so awesome! my grandma had a tree and like 3 of my aunts have trees so its always easy to find free ones around here. <3