Friday, October 10, 2008

Becca seems interested in joining me at 6:30 AM to work out. I'm not sure if she's serious or not, the prospect of getting up early for some people is hard to stomach, but I hope she is, because having a real life workout buddy would just be so cool.. and she knows more than I do, having had a personal trainer for 6 months or so, she was telling me about potassium in bananas, how it's supposed to be good when working out.

I'm feeling ok this week. I tried anchovies on pizza today, NEVER AGAIN. They are just too salty and fishy, and I like fish, but it's just.. overpowering.

Non-weight loss related, Spanish is beginning to get difficult. It's taking quite a while for things to sink in for me, I'm just not picking up as quickly as I expect to, but I am determined to learn. I don't want to be uni lingual, I'm going to need it for my job, and it's just part of who I want to be.

I am very much looking forward to the end of this month, to meeting Shanti and Sars. I feel like I've been touched by both of them, and not in a naughty way. I was also supposed to be meeting Fran this month but I'm not sure what's going on with that, I haven't heard from her in a long time.

Next weekend is the fall harvest festival! It's a pow wow hosted by the local Native Americans. I've been going for a year now to their festivals and I love being there. I usually go alone because none of my friends are into that sort of thing, but I like it. I miss the smell of burning wood, sweetgrass, and frybread. And it's kind of awkward, but sometimes the Aztec Indians ask people to dance with them, so I do! Last year I actually had a lot of fun dancing, the worst part is getting up from your chair and going into the circle, after that it's fine.

2 comments:

Sars said...

I eat bananas before I go running. Here's why:

"A single banana supplies more carbohydrates than any other piece of fruit. A meal of bananas will provide enough fuel so that you can remain active for hours.

Bananas are so sustaining because they yield up of their energy in increments. The carbohydrates in bananas are in three forms: glucose, fructose (both simple carbohydrates) and a complex carbohydrate. The complex carbohydrate is the slowest to break down into available fuel, hence it provides the longest lasting source."

From this site:
http://www.turbana.com/produ_recipes/benefits.htm

Unknown said...

I wish I liked bananas. They look great but the smell alone makes me nauseas. I got sick once on a banana flavored skittle. My mom said that bananas were one of the only things I would eat when I was a baby so I must have gotten burnt out on them.

LOL Just as a side note, I'm watchig Encino Man right now (at work). I swear, this is one of the greatest movies of my "growing up" years. Haha.

LMAO "I feel like I've been touched by both of them, and not in a naughty way." You are nuts. Hehe.