Sunday, January 24, 2010

It was time to change

This blog had become stale and I was bored with the background. Green is supposed to be a soothing color, and about this time in winter I really long for spring.

The gym I go to is made for men, and I know because there are mirrors everywhere. At the gym men like to check themselves out constantly and flex their muscles, have you seen them? lol!!! OK studmeister, whatever. Whereas for women we begin to see our image in the mirror and mull over the flaws in our physical appearance. I want to look at my reflection more like a man, you know? It's a more positive approach.

And you know, I used to use this tricep press machine but I never felt like my triceps ever got a workout until 2 days ago. This new machine targets the triceps from a different angle, and I certainly feel the pain!! So sore.

This morning I had a heavy breakfast, went to yoga class, then 10 minutes on the bike, and lastly I went to Step class. Step is so high intensity, the sweat just pours out of you. I don't have the moves down yet, but I definitely know more of the steps then I did 2 weeks ago. Parts of the class I can actually follow along.

I signed up for 2 non credit fitness dance classes at school- Zumba and Bellydance! Zumba is Latin dancing mixed with a workout routine and Bellydance is something I want to try, it's supposed to be excellent for self esteem, core muscle groups, and overall feeling feminine. Finally I get to use the hip scarf I bought about 2 years ago.

I weigh myself tomorrow and I hope to be out of the 220's but if I am not it's ok too because I am taking some sexy exercise classes!

1 comment:

Alysha said...

Wow you have been super busy it seems like with working out keep up the great work.

I agree with the mirrors in the gym but at the same time when i am at the gym with all of the mirrors it makes me push my self harder because i know that the harder i push myself while i am looking in the mirror and i see how fat i am it makes me push harder.