Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Sunday

Today is so bitter cold, I am happy to have gone to my step class and to now be home all cozy with my schoolbooks getting ready to study. I don't want to go outside anymore today! Maybe once more later on this evening to take a shower at the gym because right now we have no hot water. It's just as annoying as it sounds. It gets to be around 11 degrees outside at night, so not having hot water is not fun.

I'm on my third step class, and I already have a sense for the choreography. Not only that, I can keep up with the class without marching in place for about a half an hour. The first class I was confused the entire time, the second class I picked up one or two forms, and the third class, I can definitely tell a huge improvement, and I am impressed with how quickly I picked it up. My body can't necessarily keep up with the workout yet, but I'm definitely doing much better than I did in the beginning!

Bellydance is awesome, we had our first lesson in the beledy style, which is from Egypt! I have been practicing everyday just while walking around the house, and I'm getting a sense for how bellydancing is done, it's almost entirely muscle work, and it's a pretty subtle dance. Our teacher was explaining to us that she always bellydances to elevate her mood, and was talking about the location of the different chakras. The main chakra for women is in the lower abdominal region, and this is where a lot of the dancing comes from. The teacher is very warm and interesting. She's an older woman and there is something very spicy about her and the way she runs the class which makes the whole experience so enjoyable.

I am out of the 220's, and it took me 2 weeks to be able to say that but now I can say that this morning I weighed 219.8. And sure, it's not a huge change, but it counts. I can feel so much of a difference in my energy level, I am feeling strong and healthy again, and it's such a great feeling.

No comments: