Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday

I leave in 3 days now. I've barely got my things packed, but they're all in the general vicinity of my suitcase.

I want to take this moment to proclaim that I have the best mom in the entire world. I can talk to her about anything and she knows exactly what to say. Sometimes my most complex problems only take one sentence from her for me to have clarity. I looooove my mom

Lately I have been searching for love, and the way I have been seeking it out is in religion. I go to both a presbyterian church, and a sunni mosque. When I go to the mosque I wear a head scarf, and I say alhamdullilah! I love to dress up for mass on Sundays, and the pastor is hilarious. I feel warmth and god's presence in both of these places, and I am doing a lot of research to see which one fits me.

So basically, my old obsession with exercise and living healthily has been replaced by an obsession with religion. I read the Qur'an and the Bible constantly.

I was on plan yesterday. Except for exercise I was PERFECT! Eating, water.. <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, my friend. I was just going to suggest a book for you. You may not be interested but it has gone down on my list of books that has changed my life. It is called "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge. It is about why God made women the way he did & what makes us act & dream (in a hope kind of way not a when I sleep kind of way) the way we do. You may not be interested in it or may think it is crap but I thought I would recommend it if you are bored. LOL