Monday, June 2, 2008

June Challenge

For this month of June I am undertaking a new exercise regime as well as a commitment to drinking more water. My exercise plan consists of 30 - 60 minute walks in the morning, depending on the route I take as well as an additional walk in the afternoon with my parents. The afternoon is at a relaxed pace and is less an exercise experience and more a pleasant laid back one. As of now I can comfortably speed walk the entire way in the morning and carry on a conversation. Up hills is a bit of a different tale, but it's getting easier. As more weight drops I will consider jogging, but only in the event that I hit a permanent plateau.

For my food intake I am following the food guide pyramid. My goal is to meet all of my nutritional needs, but to just stop short of meeting my energy needs. My meals are typically well balanced, low fat, and hearty. I'm taking a multivitamin and an additional cod liver oil capsule daily with breakfast. I'm feeling very good in general, not experiencing many headaches, and have good energy.

No comments: