Wednesday, December 30, 2009

NY con mis pollitos

Me, Shaimaa, Nabil enjoying some Halal food

The Egyptians.

And me.
I had so much fun with this group of students. I love them. They've gone home now back to the college dorms, but I broke the rules of the trip and stayed behind to be with my aunt for a little longer. Oops. ;)
And you know, New York has had a clear jump in security since the underwear bomber from Christmas. I got stopped in Penn station and my bag was tested for explosive particles today. I imagine that Times Square is going to be even more strict tomorrow evening. People have already began gathering over there to secure their spots for a clear view of the concert and ball drop. Millions of people from all over the world gather here. It's kind of insane because it gets very packed, and you can't move. If you have to use the bathroom, you can't leave. I won't be going there as originally contemplated, rather I will stay in Brooklyn with family and watch it from TV.
To come full circle to my diet, I have been walking here all day everyday and eating 2 meals and one snack around lunchtime. I skip lunch to save money, and am sure to drink water.

No comments: